LETTER TO Members
Dear Members and Friends of the St. Catharines Club,
On behalf of the Board and Management of the St. Catharines Club we are writing to inform you of a very exciting development opportunity to improve our Grand Old Lady. As we were in the process of repairing our roof last year, we were all awestruck at the unique space and optics of a potential rooftop patio at the Club. The space is amazing! It has totally
unique features such as a 100+ year old brick wall, great skyline views and offers an extremely unique patio experience in the heart of downtown.
The COVID-19 pandemic has placed a premium and a competitive advantage on facilities with outdoor capabilities. Adding the rooftop patio would not only address the need and provide outdoor dining services, it would do so in a large and compelling way. In addition to fulfilling current hospitality trends the completed patio would:
- Expand dining capacity by 40+ guests depending on table service or cocktail style event
- Increase shoulder season traffic – 3 seasons dining capability with heaters and fire tables
- Drive traffic and revenue opportunity during the Clubs traditionally slowest period (Summer) offsetting reliance on our busiest season – Christmas
- “Millennials are more likely to try a new wine and beer garden than a new nightclub
- Increase Food & Beverage revenue up to 30%
- There are only 2 rooftop patios in St. Catharines. Adding the patio will attract new younger members, that will keep the Club successfully moving forward into the future.
- Potential event space unlike any other!
- Proven revenue generator at other private clubs (The Hamilton Club)
- Take advantage of less stringent City authorizations on patios due to pandemic
- An extension of the Club improvements undertaken over the last year, which resulted in positive feedback from our members. This keeps the momentum going.
- Investment in revenue generating space – total costs could be captured in less than 2 seasons
As valued stakeholders of The Club, we are asking for your support and assistance behind this exciting and important initiative. We need all your enthusiasm as members and users of the facility and we have some amazing sponsorship opportunities for individuals and companies
to help with the cost. Like all restaurants, the Club has been negatively impacted by COVID-19. In order to achieve this amazing opportunity, we need your support and investment to move forward.
Vanessa, myself, the Board of Directors and our Design Team are available to meet with you to help you understand the initiative in greater detail and we hope that you will consider investing in this project. If you wish to set up a meeting for yourself and/or others that would like to learn how you can support the Club Patio please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
The design concept for the St Catharines Club presented a unique challenge in that we needed to preserve the historical features and ambience of the Club while creating a functional, costeffective and flexible hospitality area that accentuated the beauty and remarkable space of the location. To achieve this vision, I have created The Gatsby Garden Oasis. Balancing the aforementioned needs and project goals, this design is highlighted by the following features and attributes:
- Having a birds eye view of the city is a truly alluring aspect, diners want to experience. The decision for a glass railing at the front of the patio allows an unobstructed sightline to the street activity, which is a desired draw for rooftop dining.
- Camouflage the neighboring buildings and unsightly rooftops I have created a lush garden wall located behind the bar banquet seating that will add drama and nature to overall design
- The Sponsorship Fountain. The second focal point is on the original lido deck. This is a special showcase, showing appreciation to those members that contributed in making this rooftop deck a reality. It also has an important secondary purpose of muffling out the sound from the air conditioner unit located behind the lounge seating area.
- Include Historical Style. Bespoke cast iron leg tables with a marble effect table top are the element that evokes antiques otherwise found in a building this old. Marble cast ottoman stools for additional seating replicate historical materials.
GOLD & BLACK COLOUR SCHEME
- Repetition of the colour palette associated with print material, signage and decor inside was carried outdoors to obtain a cohesive transition
- Gold and black acrylic chairs provide the durability required for the elements of an outdoor space while keeping the colour palette consistent
- Flexibility. Creating several comfortable seating areas for members to gather was very important in allowing specific needs to be met. Some guests meet for cocktails, some for dining and some for business meetings. I wanted to provide an ambient space for each purpose in visiting the Club Rooftop Patio while achieving maximum revenue generating opportunities
- Incorporate Outdoor Elements.
- Large sails and a retractable canopy will keep them comfortable and protected in inclement weather.
- In the evening twinkling lights and fire tables provide a relaxed, soothing backdrop for long lingering dining and socializing.
In our Grand old Building, this will be a beautiful space in the heart of our City. Where our members will head to the rooftop for something different while experiencing the familiar warmth they feel when they come into our Club. Stepping out onto the patio will feel as though you walked into a lavish party at an old Mansion set in The Gatsby era.
|Engineer||Mark Shoalts Engineering||$1,000|
|Permits||City of St. Catharines||$1,500|
|Design Plan||Rack Designs||$500|
|Glass Front Railing||TBA||$7,500|
|Emergency Exit/Stairs||McKeen Construction||$5,000|
The Sponsorship water feature will be located at the entrance/exit of The Club Patio. Sponsorship provides a unique opportunity for you and your business and is greatly appreciated by The Club. The Patio will help attract new membership, create sustainability and increase ROI. We
thank you for your consideration and are happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to this opportunity.
1x Platinum Sponsor
2 x Gold Sponsors
4 x Silver Sponsors
- 2 spots left
6 x Bronze Sponsors
- 4 spots left
All Donation amounts welcome.